I always seem to get great ideas for stories in the weirdest places. While I’m in church, in the bathroom, or even while I’m about to doze off. I guess that’s just how my brain works. There was one time I was half asleep in the car on my way home from school when I started to think about those “teen supernatural romance” books that seem to proliferate nowadays in bookstore. The genre has been around way before a certain sparkly vampire novel made its debut in 2005.
I thought while trying to stay awake, “Hey. I can do that too!”.
Going with this train of thought, I started to think and let my mind wonder. I had the basic plot all thought out that car ride and I kept telling myself not to forget it so that I can still type it in my laptop. Sadly, I can’t find the document anymore (I almost turned the story in for a writing assignment but I didn’t have time to fine tune it for class.). I made this blog in an attempt to remember the story and try to write it in its entirety.
The details are fuzzy now but what I can remember can be surmised in these bullets:
- It is a “girl-meets-supernatural-boy” YA Romance though I’ll attempt to put my own spin to it.
- Boy dies in a car accident. School holds funeral ceremony in his honor.
- It was encouraged for people who knew him to bring anything they want to be buried with the Boy.
- Boy was the “golden boy” in high school. Boy puts on a facade or his jerk ass tendencies are public knowledge (not certain yet).
- Girl has a crush on Boy but is put off by his attitude. Possibly will have “tsundere” tendencies. Definitely need to figure out her characterization.
- Girl writes a letter confessing her feelings and it was buried along with everything else people brought that day.
- Girl comes home after the service. Surprise, surprise! Boy is now in her living room. Will need to think of a way how ghosts/spirits will look like in this story.
- After the initial freak out, Boy reveals he can’t cross over to the other side because there is something holding him back.
- It was the Girl’s letter bounding him to the world of the living. It became a “Soul Contract”. (this was before I got into Madoka Magica >w> I’ll probably change the term)
- I think the Soul Contract makes the Girl able to see and touch the Boy as if he was still alive.
- He can only cross over if the Girl confesses to him whole-heartedly.
- Of course it won’t be that simple. XDDD
That’s what I remember so far. ;w; I hope this blog helps to inspire me to continue it and fill in the missing pieces . I really, really want to write this story and possibly publish it in the future. So that’s the purpose of this little page. For those who just followed this tumblr, thank you. Hope you don’t mind being dragged along for the ride.